Thursday, September 10, 2009

Turn On, Tune In, Drive a Big Fckn Bus Baby!


I am now waking up in the bus every morning. Finally, today, oh what a glorious day, the temperature was in the low seventies. Ah, not that I don't like heat, I do, but you know, it gets overwhelming. It's difficult to think and work in the oppressive heat of southern Louisiana and I need to get back to what is important; the bus project. I've been moving slow like I should be doing but now, I need to go full throttle. It's sunny this morning and the day has that perfect feel to it. I'm energized.


The old floor is gone and the new crispy clean one installed. The temporary bed frame, the one I've built several times in the past, is serving me well. I'm getting to know the space. A fantasy design here, another and another with trips to Home Depot and trips to Craigs List for salvaged pieces that will work. Some won't work as I sort out the real from the unreal. I need to meditate and clear the cobwebs of phony desires and compelling sound bites from overused cliches of my own making. I need to break new synapsis trails. It's imperative now as I approach another turning point in my life. I want to get back to painting even though I know the bus is just another lesson learned about dedication, commitment and passion. Art you ask? It's all art.


One thing that keeps hitting me is that the bus is sort of like a boat. The interior design will have to be compact and I have to think, where will I spend my time? How can I make a kitchen that will have enough room to cook. And, I don't mean mean open a can of whatever or a pre-packaged bag of something, I mean, will I be able to actually chop, mix and cook without having to move a million pieces of shit. There is no joy of cooking, no joy of eating if you aren't in a kitchen that functions. That's why kitchens sell homes. They'll all tell you that. Not to speak of a good shower and toilet. I have to be able to sit on the john and relax. It'll have a magazine rack for Art Forum or Architectural Digest. The size of the shower will be what it should be in real life like probably 32 inches square. Music will be easily heard. I'm thinking Satellite radio. Nice eh?


So here is a pic of the drivers seat, the new blue carpeting and a few other things not obvious. I still need to put on the finishing touches. The engine is running real well. It's not ready for a trip to Argentina yet but it's getting there. Ah to learn the Tango with a

good dance partner!



2 comments:

  1. If the quickie fix above has improved matters, it's usually possible to improve the situation further with the usual techniques required of truing or maintaining a wheel.
    Tires Miami

    ReplyDelete